Congbo Song currently is a research fellow (2019.08-) in Atmospheric Science, School of Geography, Earth and Environment Sciences, University of Birmingham. He is working with Prof. Zongbo Shi and Roy Harrison. Congbo is working on a project of SEANA – Shipping Emissions in the Arctic and North Atlantic Atmosphere (SEANA), with particular interest in anthropogenic and natural sources of air pollutants. His research interestes include:
Source Emissions and their impacts on atmospheric environment.
Source Apportionment and environmental drivers for source-specific air pollutants.
Casual inference and its application in atmopheric science.
Air pollution exposure and health risk assessment.
Congbo studied at the College of Civil and Environmental Engineering in University of Science & Technology in Beijing between 2008 and 2012 (Bachelor’s degree), and the College of Environmental Science and Engineering in Nankai University between 2012 and 2019 (Master’s and PhD degrees). During his PhD study, he was supervised by Prof. Hongjun Mao to study on-road fleet average emissions and their impacts on multi-scale atmosphere environment.
- 2019.08-: Research fellow, School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham, UK
- Project1: NERC project SEANA -Shipping Emissions in the Arctic and North Atlantic
- Project2: IGI/IAS project- Impact of COVID-19 lockdown on air quality in selected megacities
- Project3: IGI/IAS project- Winter heating and air pollution in northern China
- Supervisor: Professor Zongbo Shi and Roy Harrison
Ph.D in Environmental Engineering, Nankai University, 2019
M.S. in Safety Science and Engineering, Nankai University, 2015
B.S. in Safety Engineering, University of Science & Technology in Beijing, 2012
- Field measurements, such as tunnel tests, near-road measurements, ambient measurements, etc.
- Integrating traffic data, meteorological data and pollutant data, and conducting statistical analysis and data mining.
- Operating and data analysis of Single Particle Aerosol Mass Spectrometer (SPAMS), VOCs analyzer, Particle size spectrometers (APS and SMPS), Aethalometer, Cloud condensation nuclei (CCN), etc.
- Ion Chromatography (IC) analysis, Organic carbon/elemental Carbon analysis, sulfate isotope analysis.
- Receptor models (CMB, PMF, ME-2), machine learning techniques.
- Programming languages, such as Matlab, Python, and R, etc.
Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Atmospheric Environment, Atmosphere, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, Science of the Total Environment, Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association.